Get alerts whenever you receive new mail
- Checks multiple accounts at once
- Supports many webmail accounts
- Doesn't always work with all webmail accounts
- Doesn't give full control over e-mail accounts
If you've got multiple e-mail accounts then keeping track of what you are receiving can be an absolute nightmare involving multiple browsers and lots of confusion.
A far better solution is something like POP Peeper which is an easy to use email notifier that runs in Windows task bar and alerts you when you have new email on POP3, IMAP, Windows LiveMail, Yahoo, GMail, Mail.com, MyWay, Excite, Lycos.com, RediffMail, Juno and NetZero accounts. The fact that it supports so many webmail accounts makes this a really attractive app although in reality, you may find that it doesn't detect mail until considerably after it has arrived in your account, if at all - especially with Windows Live Mail. However, it does allow you to send e-mail directly from POP Peeper and use the address book to email your frequently used contacts. Messages can be viewed in both HTML and plain text although newsletters and other mail with heavy graphics won't display properly in plain text. One major bonus is that POP Peeper is so small that it can be can be run from a portable device and password protected which means that it's fairly secure and is a decent solution for anyone on the move a lot.
Although it doesn't give you full control over your e-mail accounts, and may not even work properly with all webmail accoutns, this is worth trying if you have multiple e-mail accounts.
- Fixed a bug in Live Mail: replying may cause crash Fixed a bug in SSL that was causing crash in certain circumstances Fixed a bug where attempting to add a gmail account caused crash (related to SSL) Fixed a bug in Yahoo Beta: messages with attachments not formatted correctly Fixed a bug in LiveMail: some characters appeared as html entities in header fields Fixed a bug in GMail: messages in conversations not displaying the correct "from" address Fixed a bug where the Add Attachment dialog in SendMail was not working for Win9x APOP added to Create Account Wizard